Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Its Never Too Late to Follow Your Dreams

It's never too late to follow your dreams! This Opinionated Mama is far from perfect. I was a statistic. As a high school senior I got pregnant, but I stayed in school and got my diploma. Though I had been accepted to a very good school in my area, I gave up my dreams to take care of my little girl that I would soon be having. A few months after graduating my little girl arrived, and a few short months after that I married her father. The relationship quickly became abusive and I gathered up the courage to leave just 7 months after getting married. Our divorce followed shortly after that.

Then as it always does life kept going on. After 2 long term relationships that went sour, my mom passed away. It never seemed like the right time to try and go back to school and follow my dreams. It was one thing after another as it always is. 

In 2004 I was fortunate enough to meet a great man, together we have pushed each other to become better people over the years. From doing volunteer work together, starting our own church, starting our own small business we always have something going on and continue to push each other to be better people and take the next step in our lives.

In late 2009 I almost lost my dad to kidney failure. Summer 2010, I lost my grandmother to cancer. Through the years I have lost many loved ones, my dad is doing better on dialysis and is hoping to be put on the kidney transplant list soon. It is a constant reminder that life is too short, that we need to take each day as we have it and not put things off because we may not have another day to do it. 

So in a spontaneous decision the other day, my husband and I both decided that it is time to forget about waiting for the right time to follow our dreams, if we continue to wait for the perfect time, it will never happen. So we both took the leap and enrolled in college. Now it is has been a little over 10 years since I have been in school and even more for him. 

Its never too late to turn your life around and follow your dreams, don't let life get you down, take the good with the bad and take the leap! Live each day to the fullest because you never know what lies ahead. 

Until Next Time, 
Mom of Many

 

No comments:

Post a Comment