Thursday, November 11, 2010

Radio Stations Banned This Song; What's Your Opinion?

Ok with so much controversy out there over religion, it is not a subject I will talk about much especially on this blog. But this one,I just cannot help touching on. The country group Diamond Rio has a concert in Las Vegas where they sang the song, the received a standing ovation...but radio stations are banning the song saying that it is politically incorrect. My view point is, that this is America. We have freedom of speech, after EVERYTHING that this country has been through the last 10 years, and as many other songs that have been written and played about those events that took place, I feel people would accept this song with open arms, at least I believe most would. We were all touched in some way by the events that this country has been subjected to. I believe this song would touch the hearts of many people. 

Please go here to view the video and really listen to the words of this song. It stands for EVERYTHING that America stands for.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1346852362322&comments

I want your opinions...tell me what you think. Either here on the blog or on our facebook page. 

4 comments:

  1. I think this song is amazing! I reposted it to my facebook page after I saw it last night. I believe that this song summarizes everything that we as Americans should stand for. As a believer in Jesus, I am tolerant of other religions and the beliefs of others, but I am not tolerant of people trying to bury my beliefs because they are offended in some way. If this song offends you in some way you have a choice not to listen to it, that is one of the perks of living in our great country. But I do feel that everyone should have the opportunity to hear it, share it and get it out there!

    On a different note.....I know you and your husband are strong into your religious beliefs. I think you should express them, don't not blog about them because it incites controversy!

    In America....In God We Still Trust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I completely agree that it should be shared and people should hear it. That's why I posted it here :)

    I want to thank you for understanding our strong religious beliefs, but that is not something I really want to blog about. I will leave that one to my husband in church. It is not that we do not want to express them, I just feel that is not the purpose of my blog.

    I want to stay focused on getting the WAHM businesses out there recognized, I want to continue to help my followers learn money saving tips, budgeting tips, ways to go green, and that there is a whole world out there of mama made products.

    I am sure you understand that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually heard this on the radio! :D I had no idea it was banned in places - how sad :( I'm posting it to my fb page! <3 thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreamer13 yes it is very sad that it is being banned by the radio stations. I am glad that there are some out there playing it!

    ReplyDelete