Friday, October 15, 2010

Woman's Attire Choice In Public....What Do You Think?

On facebook the other day I saw a post and it really bothered me...it was a post from a woman, about being in public and seeing another woman in her pajamas and slippers at the post office. The woman who posted wondered how woman can let themselves go out in public like that, and not fix themselves up before leaving the house. Saying that women should be women and look good when they go out.

Really? What does it matter? I am not the type of person to judge people. So I guess that is why it bothered me so much. Maybe the woman was having a bad day and didnt feel like getting dressed, maybe she had a loss in the family and was upset and when women get upset we don't feel like being pretty. There are so many different things that could have kept her in her pajamas, maybe she was having a lazy day. 

I know I have had days myself where I have gone quick grocery shopping in my lounge pants, tshirt, and slippers. But I am raising children, and when I did this I was pregnant and not feeling well either. And really, who do I need to impress at the grocery store? Do you really think the cashier cares that I am in stripped slippers? They get paid no matter what I am wearing. 

I do get gussied up when I go out with my husband, or out to dinner or for a special event. But why does it matter what I do in my down time. I work hard as a mom, as a wife, and for my part time job...do I really need to look good for everyone? I look good for those who matter to me when it matters that I look good. 

So how many of you have done this? Gone out in a public place in your pajamas and slippers? Does it bother you that people may judge you for it? Or are you one of those who think no matter where you go you should do your self up and look good, even if its only a 5 minute trip to the grocery store? Opinions please, lets get the discussion and opinions rolling....can't wait to hear them!

Until Next Time,
Mom of Many

3 comments:

  1. I think it's just human nature to judge others, it just is. Now with that being said, I do think you should look decent when you step out of the house. And decent means different things to different people but, clean clothes and combed hair isn't asking too much. I don't dress to the "9s" to go to Wal-Mart but, I do want it to look like I care about myself and have nice hygiene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally would never go out in pajamas, there needs to be some sort of decency. But I do routinely go out in sweats, a tee, flip flops and no make up because as a college student there are lots of late nights and busy days or going straight to marching band rehearsal after class. But pajamas and slippers is where I draw the line, I don't think that's appropriate for public.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go out in pajamas when I don't feel like trying to figure out what to wear, or I don't care in general. I won't step out of the house without taking a shower, combing my hair, and making sure my cloths are clean though. Plus I can't really afford new cloths, and since I gained weight after my pregnancy, I can't fit into any of my old cloths, so my pajama's are most of the time all I can fit. I don't think it's right to judge people, and the Bible even stays not to judge people. If people judge me, let God deal with them. At least I'm clean.

    ReplyDelete