Monday, October 25, 2010

Taking The Next Step

Taking the next step! We often fear the unknown, fear the fact that we don't know what will happen next, fear change! It is so hard to make a change, especially the big changes in life. It is scary not knowing what comes next, where do we go from here, or how things will work out.

However this is a step that my husband and I are working on taking. We own a small business, a good one; we get a lot of work, but with having our children, finding sitters, the hours we put in, and the pay we receive (as we do not charge anywhere close to others in our industry because it is about loving what we do not the money) we decided to quit our business and take the next step in our lives.

It seems this was a lot easier for my husband, the free spirit (for the most part), however for me...a completely different story. I'm the worry wart when it comes to stuff like this...always asking the "what if's" or "how's it going it work out", when of course we won't know until we take the initial plunge and get our feet wet!

So I talked to a friend, who gave me some great advice..."mom of many I was told once, the scariest things in life are usually the best things in life." Which when I thought of it; it was true!

Remember your first day of kindergarden, most of us were terrified of leaving our parents and being away from them not knowing what to expect. But after a little while we made friends and found that it was fun, finding dinosaur bones in the sand box LOL.

Then years later you graduate high school, thats a HUGE step. We decide what we want to do with our lives, do we go to college, get a job, have children, get married. All big decisions, but we have all made them without knowing what lies before us.

So after thinking of all the BIG decisions I have made in my life, asking myself "What's Next?" is not so scary anymore.

If you find yourself fearing the unknown, worrying about taking the next step, think of what my friend told me "the scariest things in life are usually the best things in life." Then think about the big decisions you have already made in your life, reflect on those and see how they turned out, most hopefully turned out well. Never be afraid to take the next step...it may just be the best step you ever take in life!

Until Next Time:
Mom of Many

No comments:

Post a Comment