Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Article In Marie Claire...To Me this is Outrageous!!!

Today on the CBS show The Talk, I heard about this article and after reading it I find it completely outraging! 


Marie Claire Article

Should "Fatties" Get a Room? (Even on TV?)

I find this so disturbing, as a viewer of this show I absolutely LOVE it! I think it hits so many topics that normal every day people go through. 

Yes it is about 2 people who are over-weight and met at Over-eaters Anonymous, yes they may be bigger in size, but who are we to judge that. If you do not like watching "bigger" people have a relationship then do not watch the show!   The show isn't just about that, the sister has drug issues, the mom's are crazy in their own ways, everyone on the show has a different issue, issues that in one way or another we can all find a way to relate to.

I personally come from a background where I had weight issues, I was very under-weight for many years, I was called a "bean-pole" most of my life. Though I was not anorexic, I was not bulimic, though many people often insinuated that I was.  I had medical issues from being under-weight and unhealthy, I recovered, I gained weight, I am not perfect, but how many of us are. I think this show is good for people, over-weight, under-weight, or people suffering from issues of low self-esteem ect. It is a show that lets them know there are others out there dealing with the same issues, working through the same things; that we are not alone to fend for ourselves in a world that is so judgemental to these touchy issues.

I am just glad that enough people must be watching this show as it has been picked up for an entire season!!! And I will be watching every episode!

Please read the article, and post your views on our facebook comments section for this blog!

Until Next Time;

Mom of Many


1 comment:

  1. That whole article seemed like "This is my real opinion" Then "My editor wants me to write a sorry note because I'm a total goon".

    The writer is not sorry :-P

    ReplyDelete