Tuesday, September 21, 2010

News Blog: Sports Reporters In Locker Rooms: My opinion, What's Yours?

Because it is Tuesday and I do not have much time to do a blog today I am having a news blog today.

I am so fed up with hearing about this sports reporters controversy over being in the locker room. It is all over the place now, and has stirred up so much stuff.

For those who haven't heard about this. Apparently a woman sports reporter went into the mens locker room after a game this past Sunday to receive catcalls and was embarrassed over it. Ok heres my view on this. If you are a woman, walking into a locker room of half naked men, after a game when everyone is hyped up...expect them to be rowdy.

Now the controversy is should women be allowed in the mens locker room? Should anyone be allowed in the mens locker room?  My question is: are men allowed in the womens locker rooms at the Olympics or any other sports event?  I do not believe that men are allowed in the womans locker rooms? So why should women be allowed in the mens? But then you would have people complaining over it being a sexist thing.

So here is my opinion. I do not think ANYONE should be in the locker rooms, give the athletes a break! Men or womens lockers rooms should be off limits. They just got done with whatever sport they play, they need time to relax, collect their thoughts, reflect, and SHOWER! I understand that news people have deadlines, but if this was a rule for all sports teams, then guess what the news deadlines would have to adjust. I also understand that news reporters think they won't get their stories if they are not in the locker room, well that can be fixed to. They can have designated areas outside the locker rooms for news reporters so that they can catch them on their way out. If that won't work I am sure they can figure out something.

Anyone else have a view on this? Do you agree or disagree? Would you be offended if you were in a locker room of half naked men and they were giving you catcalls? Would you want a man in the locker room trying to interview you when you are half naked?

Until next time,
Mom of Many

No comments:

Post a Comment